Astana Tower reaffirms BREEAM In-Use Green Building status
On October 7, 2021, Astana Tower Business Center received a BREEAM In-Use International green building certificate with a high EXCELLENT rating in the Building Management category and VERY GOOD in the Building Technical Equipment category. In 2017, this building became one of the first in Nur-Sultan to receive this certificate.
Such a high certification rating is a very significant assessment by the BRE Global Expert Body. The systems installed in Astana Tower are aimed at reducing environmental pollution. Certification is often a critical requirement when choosing an office for large international companies.
Among the special advantages of the building, the following were noted:
- regular technical audit and thermal imaging inspection of the building for timely detection of defects and diagnostics of equipment operability;
- automated operation of engineering systems;
- energy efficient engineering equipment;
- high quality acoustic indicators;
- water-efficient sanitary appliances;
- thermostats to control the temperature level in offices;
- 100% LED lighting;
- convenient infrastructure for visitors with disabilities;
- pedestrian accessibility to public transport stops.
In addition to the first-class performance indicators of the facility, Astana Tower Management Company has also implemented a number of sustainable building management strategies and policies to maintain a high management standard in accordance with best practices, as well as to continuously improve performance and improve the level of satisfaction of tenants and visitors to the building:
- Waste management strategy aimed at encouraging tenants to sort and reduce waste;
- Strategy to reduce energy and water consumption;
- Strategy for sustainable procurement.
Green certification in commercial real estate has become a standard in developed countries, especially for the office real estate market. Currently, more than 2.3 million buildings in 93 countries have been certified in the world. The main certification systems for green buildings are LEED (USA) and BREEAM (UK).
* BREEAM In-Use is a method of environmental assessment of buildings, which is performed in the following categories: energy, transport, water, materials, waste, land use and ecology, pollution, health, management. BREEAM In-Use was developed by the British organization BRE Global in 2009. This system allows evaluating not only business centers, but also shopping, educational, industrial, sports and, more recently, residential buildings.